Greetings Grace Life Saints,
On March 17th, Iowa’s governor issued a State of Public Health Disaster Emergency in response to the current Coronavirus situation. Part of this emergency proclamation states a limitation for mass gatherings. It reads:
“Social, community, spiritual, religious, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people are hereby prohibited at all locations and venues, including but not limited to parades, festivals, conventions, and fundraisers. Planned large gatherings and events must be canceled or postponed until after termination of this disaster.”
This restriction is in place from March 17th-March 31st.
We understand this current crisis has varying degrees of impact for each of us and is currently changing day by day. At times like this, it is a sweet reminder that we belong to a God who never changes (Malachi 3:6; Hebrews 13:8) and can trust in his Word that endures forever (Isaiah 40:8), and that our hope is ultimately in God and not in anything of this world (Romans 5:2-5; 1 Peter 1:3-13). This is also a time to remember that our God is a God of comfort and mercy “who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God” (2 Corinthians 1:3-4). Please don’t hesitate to reach out to one of the elders if you are needing to talk or are in need of prayer or practical help during this time. We are praying for you and look forward to resuming regular ministry events once the restrictions are lifted.
Our response as Grace Life Church of Ankeny is as follows:
1. Community Life Groups will be suspended until the spring term begins on April 19th. We realize there are some discipleship groups that are under the 10-person threshold, and those groups are asked to use good judgment on whether or not to continue meeting during this state of emergency.
2. We will not be gathering for Sunday worship the next two Sundays (March 22nd and March 29th). We will not be livestreaming a service each Sunday; however, we will be posting a sermon from Pastor Seth on Saturday night for you to view on Sunday morning and we will include links to some worship music. This will be available on our YouTube channel, as well as on our Facebook page
3. The Grace Life Youth meeting on March 25th is cancelled.
4. Parents, please continue to rehearse the song Christ Is Risen with your children if they will be performing with the Grace Life Church Children’s Choir on April 12th.
5. If you normally give your offering on Sunday mornings, you can mail your offering to P.O. Box 132, Ankeny, Iowa 50021, or you can give online here.
6. Pastors Seth and Dave will continue keeping their normal office hours at the church office during the week.
7. The elders are paying close attention to new developments of this situation and will make adjustments as necessary.
Grace Life Church